How do I perform a Firmware Update on the Max Buzz?
A firmware update is an update to the software that powers Max Buzz. You'll receive a notification in your Virgin Pulse mobile application when a firmware update is available.
To receive the most up-to-date version of the Max Buzz firmware on your device, please perform the following steps:
1) Open the Virgin Pulse mobile application on your device. Note*: Make sure that you have the most up-to-date version of the Virgin Pulse mobile app, and do not log out of the app during the firmware process.
2) Click on the icon of three horizontal lines in the top left corner of the Home screen.
3) In the left margin that appears, click on "Devices & Apps". Note*: You should see a notification bubble there (which indicates a firmware update is available).
4) Under the "My Connected Devices & Apps" section, click on "Virgin Pulse Max Buzz".
5) If your Max Buzz does not have the most up-to-date version of the firmware, an additional button will appear. Click on the "Firmware Update Available" button to learn more details.
Note*: You'll need to initiate the firmware update for it to begin. This update should not take more than five minutes. Please do not initiate the firmware update if you do not have the time to allow it to finish.
6) In the pop-up that appears, click on the "Update" button to initiate the firmware update!
7) The firmware update will initiate! An "Updating firmware" message will appear on the screen, and an orange bar will "fill up" as the update is completing. The screen on your Max Buzz will display "Update Advertising".
During this process, please make sure that your Max Buzz stays close to your mobile device, and that you remain in an area with a strong signal connection.
Note*: Please do not log out of the app during the firmware update process. If you need to stop the firmware update, please close the app.
8) Once completed, the Max Buzz and software will then complete one more sync. Once that is complete, your Max Buzz is updated and you are all set!