How do I turn on Apple Watch activity tracking?
You have an Apple Watch?! That's great! You can sync up your watch to your Virgin Pulse account to track your activity: steps and active minutes ( called exercise minutes on the Watch ) using the Virgin Pulse mobile application. *Workout sessions are not transferred
To turn on Apple Watch activity tracking using the mobile app, follow these steps:
1) Open the Virgin Pulse mobile application on your device.
2) Click on the icon of three horizontal lines in the top left corner of the Home screen.
3) In the left margin, towards the bottom of the screen, click on "Devices & Apps"
4) In the "Devices & Apps" section, locate the "Apple Watch" option. You will want to enable data sharing permissions between Virgin Pulse and the Apple Health App. Once connected you will see "Apple Watch" listed as "My Connected Devices and Apps."
6) Your Apple Watch is now connected using the iOS application, and will automatically upload Apple Watch activity information (Steps and Active Minutes) when you open the Virgin Pulse mobile application (so make sure to do this at least once every two weeks to not lose any activity rewards!).
Note*: Apple Watch activity will only show up in Virgin Pulse mobile application if, and only if, the Apple Watch steps are the highest count of steps available from any connected device or application. For example, if you have a Max, an iPhone, and an Apple Watch, the Virgin Pulse mobile app will only display the highest number of activity (and shows which source). If your Max steps count is higher than your Apple Watch steps, the Virgin Pulse mobile app will show the Max step count instead of the Apple Watch step count.
7) To view your steps incoming from the Apple Watch to your Virgin Pulse account, log into the member website, and locate the "My Steps" graph on the home page. Use the drop-down menu on the side of the graph to select "Apple Watch Steps".