How do I track steps using the Virgin Pulse mobile app for iOs?
Don't have a device? Always have your phone on you? You can use the Virgin Pulse mobile app to track your daily step activity! And, it will automatically upload to your Virgin Pulse account, you don't even have to do anything.
To turn on iOs step tracking using the mobile app, follow these steps:
1) Confirm that your iOs device supports step tracking. The following devices are supported:
- iPhone 5S and above
2) Open the Virgin Pulse mobile application on your device.
3) Click on the icon of three horizontal lines in the top left corner of the Home screen.
4) In the left margin of the screen, click on "App Settings".
5) In the "Health & Activity Data" section, locate the "Connect iPhone Steps" setting. Click on the circle icon to turn it ON.
6) If you haven't already turned on step tracking per your iOs device, you'll be prompted to grant access to Virgin Pulse in the "Health Access" section (also accessible from your phone by Settings > Privacy > Health). Click on each circle icon next to "Steps".
7) Click "Done" in the top right corner.
8) You'll be re-direct to the App Settings page, and your iPhone step tracking will be successfully turned on. Your steps will be automatically uploaded into your Virgin Pulse account.
Note*: iPhone steps will only show up in Virgin Pulse mobile application if, and only if, the iPhone steps are the highest count of steps available from any connected device or application. For example, if you have a Max and an iPhone, the Virgin Pulse mobile app will only display the highest number of steps (and shows which source). If your Max steps count is higher than your iPhone steps, the Virgin Pulse mobile app will show the Max step count instead of the iPhone step count.
9) To view your steps incoming from your iPhone to your Virgin Pulse account, log into the member website, and locate the "My Steps" graph on the home page. Use the drop-down menu on the side of the graph to select "iPhone Steps".