How do I connect to Fitbit?
Fitbit devices are a great way to track your activity in the Virgin Pulse program! You can follow a step-by-step guide on how to connect to Fitbit by clicking here, or you can use the steps listed below.
1) Make sure that you have created a Fitbit account and linked your Fitbit device (you can create an account via fitbit.com).
2) Log into your account on the Virgin Pulse member website.
3) Hover over your profile picture in the right cover of the top-navigation menu. In the drop-down menu that appears, select “Devices & Apps”.
4) Scroll down and locate the Fitbit section on the page, hover over it, and click the “Connect” button.
5) You’ll be redirected to the Fitbit/Virgin Pulse application authorization page. If you are not already logged into your Fitbit account, you’ll need to enter your log-in details.
6) On the next screen, confirm that all data options are checked off. Click on the "Allow" button.
Note*: All data options must be selected in order to be able to connect to Fitbit. If you do not have all data options selected, you will receive an error message upon attempting to connect. Virgin Pulse will only save and store your activity and sleep data.
7) Your connection will made successfully, and you’ll be redirected back to the “Devices & Apps” page, where there should be a link icon in the top right corner of the Fitbit section of the page.
8) Once your Fitbit account is linked to your Virgin Pulse account, you can manually sync your Fitbit data to your Virgin Pulse account as often as you’d like. Virgin Pulse uses a notification system to pull any new Fitbit data into your Virgin Pulse account as it becomes available.
Note*: The Fitbit mobile application is NOT a substitute for creating an account at fitbit.com. You MUST create an account at fitbit.com, and then register your device to it in order for your information to be received by Virgin Pulse.