How to track steps using the Virgin Pulse mobile app for Android
Don't have a device? Always have your phone on you? You can use the Virgin Pulse mobile app to track your daily step activity! It will automatically upload to your Virgin Pulse account, you don't even have to do anything.
To turn on Android step tracking using the mobile app, follow these steps:
1) Confirm that your Android device supports step tracking. To confirm that your Android device is supported please see article: What Android devices are supported for the Virgin Pulse mobile application?
2) Open the Virgin Pulse mobile application on your device.
3) Click on the icon of three horizontal lines in the top left corner of the Home screen.
4) In the left margin of the screen, click on "Devices & Apps".
5) Locate Google Fit or SHealth and tap on "CONNECT".
6) Once Google Fit or SHealth is connected, your Android steps should start flowing to your Virgin Pulse account.
*Note: Android steps will only show up in Virgin Pulse mobile application if, and only if, the Android steps are the highest count of steps available from any connected device or application. For example, if you have a Max and an Android, the Virgin Pulse mobile app will only display the highest number of steps (and shows which source). If your Max steps count is higher than your Android steps, the Virgin Pulse mobile app will show the Max step count instead of the Android step count.
7) You will want to open the Virgin Pulse Mobile app to ensure that the steps sync on a regular basis, we recommend every 2-3 days.
8) To view your steps on your Mobile app, navigate to the "Stats" section from the home page.
9) To view your steps on the Virgin Pulse member website, go to Tracking -> Stats and locate the "My Steps" graph. Use the drop-down menu on the side of the graph to select "Android Steps".