How do I track steps using the Virgin Pulse mobile app for Android?
Don't have a device? Always have your phone on you? You can use the Virgin Pulse mobile app to track your daily step activity! And, it will automatically upload to your Virgin Pulse account, you don't even have to do anything.
To turn on Android step tracking using the mobile app, follow these steps:
1) Confirm that your Android device supports step tracking. The following devices are supported:
- Samsung Galaxy S4, S5, S6, S7, and S7 Edge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Note 4
- Google Nexus 5, 6, and 6P
- LG G3 and G4
2) Open the Virgin Pulse mobile application on your device.
3) Click on the icon of three horizontal lines in the top left corner of the Home screen.
4) In the left margin of the screen, click on "App Settings".
5) Locate the "Enable Steps Tracking" section, and click on the "OFF" button to turn it "ON".
6) Once it is turned "ON", your Android step tracking will begin working. Your steps will be automatically uploaded into your Virgin Pulse account.
Note*: Android steps will only show up in Virgin Pulse mobile application if, and only if, the Android steps are the highest count of steps available from any connected device or application. For example, if you have a Max and an Android, the Virgin Pulse mobile app will only display the highest number of steps (and shows which source). If your Max steps count is higher than your Android steps, the Virgin Pulse mobile app will show the Max step count instead of the Android step count.
7) To view your steps incoming from your Android to your Virgin Pulse account, log into the member website, and locate the "My Steps" graph on the home page. Use the drop-down menu on the side of the graph to select "Android Steps".