If your Max screen is displaying an "Update Failed - Resync Firmware" screen, please click here to access the step-by-step troubleshooting instructions.
- Confirm that you have the latest version of the sync software installed on your computer.
- Remove the battery from the Max pedometer, a coin works best to unlock the battery door.
- Plug in the device without the battery. The computer should say “Just a sec we are making a few updates.”
- If it does not say this, unplug the device and start holding down the button on the side of the Max and plug it back into the computer while holding the button down for approximately 10 seconds.
- The computer will say the “Just a sec” message approximately 3 times and then the pedometer will say ‘sync complete’ when the update completes properly.
- Unplug the device and put the battery back in, it will prompt to sync the device one more time.