How do I perform a Firmware Update?
For the most recent version of the firmware, you must connect your Max device to a computer running the Sync software.
1) Make sure that the Sync software is running on your machine. You will see the blue "P" icon in your taskbar.
2) Insert the small end of the micro-USB cord into the bottom of the Max. Make sure that it is pushed all the way in.
3) Insert the large end of the micro-USB cord into an open USB port on your machine (on the sides or in the back). Make sure that it is inserted correctly, and pushed all the way in.
4) The Sync software should launch, and you will see a pop-up on your screen that the Virgin Pulse Sync is running.
5) The screen on the Max will change from "Sync" to say "Firmware Update - Please Do Not Unplug".
6) The screen on the computer will change to say "Just a sec...We're making a few updates."
7) Once the update is complete, the screen on the Max will change back to "Sync", and the screen on the computer will change to "Hello! We're uploading your steps right now".
8) Once the firmware update and sync are complete, you will receive a "Sync Completed!" screen on your Max, and a "Nice Job! Your steps have been uploaded" screen on your computer.
9) The completion of this process means that the device's firmware has been updated. Please unplug your Max and push the button on the side of the device to move through the screens.
10) If the screen on your Max says "Update Failed - Resync Firmware" OR the time is incorrect, please sync your Max device again, which will resolve the issue.