What if my Max gets wet?
The Max device is not water-proof. You should not wear your Max while swimming, showering, or engaging in any activity that would cause it to remain wet for an extended period of time.
However, the Max device is water-resistant. This means that the device may survive by performing the following actions after the exposure to water:
1) Wipe all moisture off the outside of the device.
2) Remove the battery door (using a coin) and remove the battery.
3) Wipe off any moisture that is on the inside of the device (in the battery section).
4) Keep the battery out of the device overnight, stored in a dry place.
5) The next day, place the battery back inside the Max device and secure the battery door. Turn the battery over and wait up to 30 seconds for the Max to display the "Steps" screen.
If this does not power up the Max, try a few more steps:
1) Remove the battery from the Max.
2) Plug in the Max device (without the battery inserted) into a laptop/desktop computer with the micro-USB cable that came with your Max packaging.
3) The USB port should power-up the Max. Please ensure the laptop/desktop computer is powered on and running. The computer should not be in sleep/hibernate mode.
Note*: If the Max turns on when plugged into the USB port, then it means that the device has survived, but the battery was short-circuited from water damage. You'll just need to replace the battery.
If none of the troubleshooting steps above power up your Max, the exposure to water has damaged your device.
Virgin Pulse offers a Limited 1-Year Warranty on the Max device. However, this Limited Warranty does not apply to:
- Damage caused by use with non-VP Devices
- Damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, flood, fire, earthquake or other external causes
- Damage caused by operating the Device outside the permitted or intended uses described by VP or with improper voltage or power supply
- Damage caused by service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not a representative of VP, or any software that is a product of VP
This type of damage is not covered by Virgin Pulse, but you can log into your Virgin Pulse member account to order/purchase a new Max device.