How do I add missing steps?
Please note, the ability to add missing steps must be offered by your sponsor in order for you to be able to access it. Check out your "Stats" page on the Virgin Pulse member website!
Ever misplace your activity tracker, forget to wear it for a day or two, or your battery runs out mid-day? It happens to all of us. So now, we’re giving you the opportunity to make up for some missed days with step credits. Here’s how it works:
- You get a set amount of step credits each program year; at the beginning of the new year, you lose what you didn’t use and start over.
- The amount of steps per credit is your average step count over the previous two weeks; you may use one step credit per day of lost steps.
- You may apply step credits only to days within the previous 2-week time frame (meaning, you can’t apply step credits to days you missed months back).
1) Log into the Virgin Pulse member website.
2) Locate the "My Steps" chart on your home page.
3) Click on the "Missing Steps?" link.
Note*: If you do not see this link, the feature is not available to your sponsor.
4) You'll be re-directed to the "Missing Steps?" page, where in the lower, right corner of the page you'll be able to see your step average that will be applied next to "Your Average Validated Steps for the Past Fourteen Days".
Note*: If you'd like to change the primary activity tracker used to calculate this average, click on the "Edit" link. A pop-up will appear, select your desired tracker, and click the "Select This Device" button.
5) On the chart above, you'll see the last fourteen days. If the amount of steps that you've uploaded on a certain date is higher than the step average displayed above, you will not be able to add steps to that date ("Add Steps" will be grayed out and unclickable).
6) To add steps, click on the "Add Steps" button. A pop-up will appear to display how many credits you will have left. Click on the "Yes! Let's Do It!" button.
7) Once you've selected the dates to which you'd like to add steps (noted by a green checkmark), click on the "Submit Steps" button.
8) A pop-up will appear to alert you that steps have been added, and let you know how many credits you have remaining to use. Click on the "OK" button.
9) Navigate back to the home page. On the " My Steps" chart, you'll be able to see the steps that you've added! Any associated Points reward for your activity (up to 140 Points per day) will also be added.