How do I add missing steps?
Please note, the ability to add missing steps must be offered by your sponsor in order for you to be able to access it. Check out your "Stats" page on the Virgin Pulse member website!
Ever misplace your activity tracker, forget to wear it for a day or two, or your battery runs out mid-day? It happens to all of us. So now, we’re giving you the opportunity to make up for some missed days with step credits. Here’s how it works:
- You get a set amount of step credits each program year; at the beginning of the new year, you lose what you didn’t use and start over.
- The amount of steps per credit is your average step count over the previous two weeks; you may use one step credit per day of lost steps.
- You may apply step credits only to days within the previous 2-week time frame (meaning, you can’t apply step credits to days you missed months back).
1) Log into the Virgin Pulse member website.
2) Hover over the "Tracking" tab in the top navigation menu. In the drop-down menu that appears, select Stats. The first graph displayed is your Steps.
3) Click on the "Missing Steps?" link.
Note*: If you do not see this link, the feature is not available to your sponsor.
4) You'll be re-directed to the "Missing Steps?" page where in the upper, right corner of the page you'll be able to see your step average and how many credits you have left.
5) On the chart below, you'll see the last fourteen days. If the amount of steps that you've uploaded on a certain date is higher than the step average displayed above, you will not be able to add steps to that date (the + will be grayed out and unclickable).
6) To add steps, click on the "+" button. The plus sign will turn into an "X." Please then click Submit. You will receive a pop-up that informs you that you are about to use a step credit. Click "Yes! Continue"
7) Once you've selected the dates to which you'd like to add steps (noted by the yellow X), click on the "Submit" button.
8) A pop-up will appear to alert you that steps have been added. The day(s) you have used the "Missing Steps" feature for will then display as a green check-mark (as above)
9) Navigate back to the home page. On the " My Steps" chart, you'll be able to see the steps that you've added! Any associated Points reward for your activity (up to 140 Points per day) will also be added.