Sometimes, you will need to take a picture of your phone's screen. This can be done via the screenshot feature that is available on most Android devices. When you capture your screen, the picture file will be saved on your device where you can view, edit and share the image.
How to take a screenshot?
- Open the screen that you want to capture.
Depending on your phone:
- Press and hold the Power + Volume down buttons at the same time for a few seconds.
- If that doesn’t work, press and hold the Power button for a few seconds. Then tap Screenshot.
- If neither of these work, please go to your phone manufacturer’s support site for help.
Usually, after you take a screenshot, a little screenshot icon should appear at the top of the screen. You can access your screenshot there.
*Note: If there isn't a Screenshot capture icon, return to the Home screen to find it.
Where to find your screenshot?
*Note: If you don't have the Photos app, you're likely running an older Android version. Open your phone's Gallery app and then select Album view and navigate to the Screenshots folder.
- Open your phone's Photos app.
- Tap Menu .
- Tap Device folders And then Screenshots.
- To share a screenshot, tap Share .
- To edit a screenshot, tap Edit .