You can can connect your Samsung Gear using the Gear companion app on iOS 13 or above.
*Note: Compatible model list and available features may vary by brand, region, operator, and device model (Tablets are not compatible).
Depending on your mobile device, you can download the Samsung Gear app from the following places:
- Samsung Android devices: Galaxy Apps, Google Play Store
- Other Android devices: Play Store, apps.samsung.com/gear
- iOS devices: App Store
You cannot install the Samsung Gear app on the mobile devices that do not support Gear syncing. Ensure that your mobile device is compatible with a Gear.
Try the following steps to get that set up:
- Pair your Samsung Health with your iPhone if you have not already. Depending on the apps you are using, you might see an alert that says you need to enable Bluetooth before you can pair an accessory with Bluetooth.
Go to Settings > Privacy. Tap on Bluetooth and turn it on for the apps you want to use.
- Download Samsung's Gear companion app from the iOS App Store - Samsung Galaxy Watch (Gear S) on the App Store.
- After you install and set up the Gear companion app, your iPhone should automatically ask if you want to allow it to share data with the Health app.
Pair a Bluetooth accessory
- Place your accessory in discovery mode and wait for it to appear on your device. If you do not see it or are not sure how to make it discoverable, check the instructions that came with your accessory or contact the manufacturer.
- In order to pair, tap your accessory name when it appears onscreen. You might need to enter the PIN or passkey. If you are not sure what your PIN or passkey is, check the documentation for your accessory.
- After you pair your accessory, you can use it with your device. To pair multiple Bluetooth accessories, simply repeat these steps.
Unpair a Bluetooth accessory
To unpair a Bluetooth accessory, tap Settings > Bluetooth, find the device you want to unpair, and tap the info button , then Forget this Device. This will remove the accessory from the list of available Bluetooth devices.
To add the Bluetooth accessory to your device again, place it back in discovery mode and repeat the steps above to pair it.
Wondering how to connect Apple Health to Virgin Pulse? Check out the How to track steps using the Virgin Pulse mobile app for iOS for more info!