Welcome to the Virgin Pulse program! To get your Max Buzz device synced up, you'll need access to a USB port (on a computer or a portable charger), and you'll need to download the Virgin Pulse mobile application onto a supported mobile device. The Virgin Pulse mobile app is compatible with iOS devices and Android phones.
- iPhone 6S or above, operating on iOS 15.0 and above
- Android devices operating on 8.0 or above.
Do you need to download the VP mobile app? If so, please check the following articles:
Do you have the VP mobile app and you're ready to register your Max Buzz? If so, please follow the steps listed below.
- Open the Virgin Pulse mobile application.
Note: Make sure that you have the most up-to-date version of the mobile app.
- Tap on More at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on Devices & Apps.
- In the Available Devices & Apps section, tap on Virgin Pulse Max Buzz.
- On the next screen, tap on the Setup a Max Buzz button.
Note: Make sure that the Bluetooth setting on your mobile device is turned on, and Location Settings are turned on.
- Here is where the USB port comes into play! Follow the on-screen prompts to "wake up" your Max Buzz device from its shipping mode. Tap on the button on the bottom of each screen to advance to the next step.
- Plug the device into the USB port. Make sure that you are plugging the Max Buzz into the port in the correct direction.
- Once the Max Buzz is plugged into the USB port correctly, the device will vibrate twice and a blinking battery icon will appear on the screen. This process should take about six seconds. Check the device for power.
- Unplug your Max Buzz from the USB port, and the clock screen should display. Your device is now awake and ready to register! Put the device back together, and tap the It's together! button.
- Back to the mobile app, select which wrist you will be wearing your Max Buzz device on. This will assist with step data accuracy, and also determine which direction you will need to lift your Max Buzz to activate the screen.
- Secure the Max Buzz onto the wrist on which you will be wearing it.
- Practice activating the device by rotating your wrist towards your body and lifting it like you were checking the time. This motion will activate the screen (tapping on the device will not activate the screen, only change the screens once activated).
- It's time to connect! Tap on the Search button so your mobile device can search for the nearest unregistered Max Buzz. Again, please make sure that the Bluetooth setting on your mobile device is turned on, and Location Settings are turned on.
Note: Place your Max Buzz as close to your mobile device as possible. Also, please make sure that you are not near any other people that are also trying to activate their Max Buzz device.
- If you are using an iOS device, a pop-up will display requiring Bluetooth access permission. Tap on Pair.
- Once your device is located, your Max Buzz will vibrate, and a 4-digit code will display on the screen. Enter that number on your VP mobile app.
Note: Did you receive a "Too many Buzzes" or "No unregistered Buzzes found" message? Click here for additional troubleshooting!
- You'll see a Success message on your Max Buzz screen, and your mobile app will have a pop-up confirming the connection. Want to move on to personalize your Max Buzz? Tap on the Device Settings button.
Since you're connected, check out the How should I care for my Max Buzz? article for some great tips to keep it clean!