Don't have a device? Always have your phone on you? Use a compatible step tracking application such as S Health and Google Fit to track your daily activity on Android smartphones and earn rewards for Steps.
It will automatically upload to your Virgin Pulse account, you don't even have to do anything.
To turn on Android step tracking using the mobile app, follow these steps:
- Confirm that your Android device supports step tracking. To confirm that your Android device is supported please see the article: What Android devices are supported for the Virgin Pulse mobile application?
- Open the Virgin Pulse mobile application on your device.
- Tap on More at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on Devices & Apps.
- Locate Google Fit or SHealth and tap on CONNECT.
- Once Google Fit or SHealth is connected, your Android steps should start flowing to your Virgin Pulse account.
- You will want to open the Virgin Pulse mobile app to ensure that the steps sync on a regular basis, we recommend every 2-3 days.
- To view your steps on your mobile app, navigate to the Stats section from the Home page.
- To view your steps on the Virgin Pulse member website, go to Home > Stats and locate the Steps graph. Use the drop-down menu below the graph to select Google Fit.
Note: Android steps will only show up in the Virgin Pulse mobile application if, and only if, the Android steps are the highest count of steps available from any connected device or application. For example, if you have a Max Buzz and an Android, the Virgin Pulse mobile app will only display the highest number of steps (and show which source). If your Max Buzz steps count is higher than your Android steps, the Virgin Pulse mobile app will show the Max Buzz step count instead of the Android step count.